Peter tells us that around 20 projects are in the Alexandrina Council area. He works closely with Council’s tourism staff to provide overlapping support to the businesses.
Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism is focusing on several major projects. One is promoting the region as SA’s adventure tourism capital. No other region has its variety of commercial and free activity-based experiences – from adrenalin-pumping ones to very ‘soft’ adventures. Alexandrina does very well in this regard with companies such as SA Skydiving, Surf and Sun, Canoe the Coorong and Spirit of the Coorong.
Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism is also upgrading, in conjunction with Fleurieu Food, a guide to the region’s food drink and art offerings. This combines and updates two existing brochures.
Peter Cahalan says: “The collaboration I’ve enjoyed with Council’s tourism staff has been just fantastic. There isn’t a week and sometimes a day that goes by without some form of communication flowing between us. I aim to keep the tourism staff of the region’s four councils up to date with the latest news coming out of the SA Tourism Commission – for which I’m the regional liaison person – and staff are always quick to respond.”
What is the Tourism Industry Development Fund?
The Tourism Industry Development Fund aims to:
- Improve tourism infrastructure and experiences that appeal to target markets
- Grow economic benefit via increased visitor expenditure
- Create new jobs and develop skills
- Encourage further development by the private sector in infrastructure and visitor facilities
- Encourage businesses to work collaboratively
- Implement sustainable business practices
Phone 08 8555 7455
Email [email protected]